iPhone snaps of Motoarakawa River and its associated canals, Koshigaya City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.
Along with the one above, these other two also turned out nicely.
I wasn't so happy with how these turned out. Not bad, but also not so interesting. Oh well, it was a good exercise in composition and editing. Did try various filters, but none seemed ideal, so tried to go for a more natural look. I overdid the blue sky in some of them, I think.
About the Location
"Koshigaya (越谷市 Koshigaya-shi) is a city located in Saitama Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 February 2016, the city had an estimated population of 337,071, and a population density of 5,610 persons per km². Its total area is 60.24 square kilometers (23.26 sq mi). It is famous for producing daruma dolls."
Source: Wikipedia (2019/4/13)
- Camera: The photos were taken witn an iPhone 8 and later, after I upgraded, an iPhone XS Max (website, Amazon).
- Photolemur: Mac/Windows app that attempts to auto-enhance photos using AI (website).
- TouchRetouch: Great for removing objects, damage, noise, or blemishes (website, iOS, Mac).
Free, hi-res versions of select photos are available on the following sites:
- Pexels seems to be the most lenient and so pretty much everything I upload shows up on my profile.
- Unsplash are a little stricter, but most pictures are accepted.
- Pixabay is the most stringent, and so far, only a few of my uploads have been approved.
I'm uploading my favorite photos and artistic derivations to the following print-on-demand (POD) sites. If you like any, you can get them printed on a surprising variety of goods. These sites offer different items and have their own style.
- RedBubble is the largest POD site after Amazon Merch and they recently acquired a smaller competitor, TeePublic. I chose them because they have various goods which work well for photographic prints.
- Society6 isn't as big as RedBubble, but I like the aesthetic of their site and app. They also have some very cool items for offering my prints on.
Here you can see some artsy versions of a couple of these pics.